Crawl Space Encapsulation in Cincinnati, Dayton and surrounding towns in OH
Do you know what is lurking in your crawl space? What you can’t see can still affect you, your family, and your property in many ways, including:
- Foul odors
- Poor indoor air quality
- Mold, dry rot, and structural decay
- Bouncy or sagging floors
- Cold floors during the winter
- Uneven temperatures and discomfort around the house
- High energy bills
Modern building science recommends sealing and dehumidifying the crawl space to prevent and eliminate these problems.
The Problem with Crawl Space Vents in OH
Modern building science has shown that the old-fashioned way of treating a crawl space is not only inefficient, but also disastrous. Opening vents and lining floors with plastic sheeting, the practice once recommended by building codes, actually caused or worsened frequent problems in crawl spaces across America
Crawl space vents, once thought to help dry out the crawl space, are allowing humid air from the outside in. During the summer, humid air enters the cool crawl space. Relative humidity levels reach above 100%, at which point condensation starts to occur. Wood beams and joists soak up the water, and the moist, soft woods invites mold, dry rot, and termites.
Sealing the vents and the entire crawl space is the most effective approach to eliminate and prevent these problems.
Complete Crawl Space Encapsulation and Sealing System
- Completely isolates the crawl space from all sources of moisture
- Serves as a deterrent for pests and wildlife
- Prevents radon gas from ascending into the crawl
- Helps lower energy bills
- Strong tear resistant, 16-mil thick liner
- Quality Product Made in USA
- Class A Fire Rated