Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in Dayton, Cincinnati, and nearby areas
The perfect environment for smelly mold and dust mites to thrive is created when the relative humidity levels in your home’s crawl space are at or above 60%. During hot summer months this level can quickly rise past 80% due to differences of temperature between the crawl space and the outside air, as well as condensation.
The first step to prevent and get rid of mold, is to encapsulate the crawl space.
Encapsulating the crawl and providing proper drainage takes care of groundwater intrusion. Covering the vents takes care of outside air infiltration.
There is a third source of moisture that needs to be addressed: moisture from condensation. Very common in crawl spaces with HVC ducts and pipes, condensation happens when there is a difference in temperature between the crawl space, the elements within it, and the outside.
Dehumidification: the definitive solution for crawl space mold problems
The only way to keep your crawl space healthy year-round and maintain RH at safe levels is by running a good, energy-efficient dehumidifier. The best options are models that were specifically designed for crawl space environments, rather than generic, hardware store bought and portable models.
E070 70 Pint Professional-Grade Dehumidifier
The AprilAire E070 is a high-performance dehumidifier for both basements and crawl spaces. The built-in digital control and intuitive interface make setup quick and easy, while its US manufacture ensures quality service for 5 years!
- Reduces up to 70 pints (9 gallons) of moisture per day.
- Built with corrosion resistant aluminum coils
- Built in the USA by AprilAire, industry leaders in indoor air quality solutions.
- Helps prevent mold and mildew while also reducing airborne viruses like the flu virus!
- The “set it and forget it” method means you don’t have worry about emptying water trays
- Can be installed to discharge directly into your sump pump or drainage system